So, your baby has grown considerably and they’ve become big children now. You have to ditch their baby clothes to make way for clothes that are appropriate for a kid.
But, what are the things that you need to look for whenever you are shopping for their clothes? Well, read on to find out how you can choose the best one for your child.
Focus on Ergonomics
If you are browsing through the different kiddie stores out there, what are your main criteria before you choose your child’s clothing? Do you want style or are you the parent that focuses more on ergonomics?
The thing is, your child should always be comfortable no matter what they wear, which is why you should focus on the latter.
Ergonomic function, at least when it comes to clothing, focuses more in giving your child the ability to move around as freely and as pain-free as possible. That means that you should veer away from tight clothes in favor of clothes that are a bit loose, albeit comes with fasteners and are made of stretchy fabric.
Here are some guidelines for helping you create your child’s wardrobe:
- Always Think About What’s Comfortable for Them– When choosing what your child should wear, always think about comfort above the rest. This means that you shouldn’t buy things that are too tight for them. If the clothes are too small, you should just pass it on to someone else or donate it. If the clothes are too big, wait until your child grows up so that they can wear them.
- Stay Away from Non-Breathable Fabrics– Your child needs to be comfortable no matter what they wear, which is why you always stay with breathable fabrics. Fabrics like tulle, imitation leather, and other synthetic fibers are non-breathable and you should stay away from them at all costs.
- Vary Their Clothing– If you live in a country where you experience 4 seasons, it is important that you always have appropriate clothing that your children can wear during the changing of seasons. Also, varying their clothes will help them in the long run, especially if they reach the age where they can dress on their own.
- Think About Adequate Footwear– Just like the clothes they will wear, you also have to take into account their footwear that goes along with it as well. A good rule of thumb would be that their footwear should adapt to their feet- making it comfortable for them to walk and run on.
- Buy Clothes for the Seasons– This is especially true if you experience Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall. Forcing them to wear clothing that is inappropriate for the weather outside could pose a danger to their health.
- You Can Do Away with Accessories– Although it may make them fashionable, accessories are frowned upon, especially by more experienced parents. Not only do they break easily; they are unnecessary and can prove to be dangerous to your child.